Entrepreneurs have more opportunity now than ever to compete in the open marketplace against Fortune 500 companies. Climbing from the bottom use to be nearly impossible. But because of low-cost avenues like SEO, content creation and social media, the little guy can climb to the top with a little more ease (if he/she knows what to do). That is why 2014 has been deemed the “Year of the Entrepreneur.”
“With so much entrepreneurial power at our fingertips, standing out becomes the challenge. You must create only exceptional products, back them up with extraordinary content, and then make it all findable with creative marketing,” said Entrepreneur Stephan Aarstol.
Use your online resources to maximize your potential this year with these five tips:
- Specialize your marketing tactics by focusing on a few and becoming really good at them. Businesses that are SEO-centric usually receive the best results. Email marketing and social media marketing also receive great results when used correctly and efficiently.
- Focus your goals on one thing at a time and conquer it before moving on to another goal. Don’t take on too much at once and spread yourself thin.
- Be efficient and effective with your time. Productivity is the key to success. The Pareto Principle states that 80 percent of your results should stem from 20 percent of your effort, so eliminate the inefficiencies in your work.
- Don’t shy away from outsourcing tasks. This can allow you to dedicate your time to more important things and improve your business’s productivity.
- Invest in creative for your business. This will build your brand and make your product or service noteworthy to consumers.
Note: “Fresh Ideas” are published each week by Countybank and its family of financial service companies. With financial centers in Greenville and Greenwood, Countybank has a team of highly engaged professionals ready to bring a full scope of financial solutions designed to help families and business owners reach their goals.