There are nearly 200 billion emails sent and received every day worldwide. Yes, every single day. So how can you make sure your company newsletter gets noticed and not trashed?
Here are five tips to successful email marketing:
1. Make a plan. – What are your goals for your newsletter? If every one on your contact list were to click and read, what would you want him or her to do? Identify this first.
2. Think about your subject line. – According to Salesforce, subject lines fewer than 10 characters long have an open rate of 58 percent. So keep it short and simple.
3. Be trustworthy. – Peek curiosity with your subject line, but make sure your email message satisfies the curiosity peeked. Also, don’t waste people’s time. Only email when you have something truly valuable to share.
4. Personalize the email. – Write as if you’re emailing one person. Also, include the recipients’ first names. They are more likely to open an email addressed to them specifically. But no need to include last names; it screams, “I’M SPAM!”
5. Proofread. – Always let someone else read your emails before sending them. Catching simple grammar or spelling errors before sending to thousands of potential customers can really save face.
Note: “Fresh Ideas” are published each week by Countybank and its family of financial service companies. With financial centers in Greenville and Greenwood, Countybank has a team of highly engaged professionals ready to bring a full scope of financial solutions designed to help families and business owners reach their goals.