Every organization is a direct reflection of its owner – the good, the bad and the ugly. Your company can speak volumes about who you are as an individual and vice-versa.
A simple change in perspective—a nod in the direction of optimism over pessimism—can change your company’s reputation for the better. So how do you get started?
Here are six simple steps to improving your business’ quality of life:
1. Treat everyone you meet with respect. Great leaders have this in common: they treat everyone in their business—from the custodian to the CEO—with utmost respect.
2. Be overly polite. “Manners maketh the man.” Simple etiquette shows that, as a leader, you are just as concerned with others as you are yourself.
3. Small gestures can make a big impact. Take genuine interest in others. Give a compliment. Forward an email. A few small gestures a day will show others that you care.
4. Look for the win/win in every situation. Be optimistic! The most successful people know that if you aim for true win/win scenarios, your business will always reap the benefits.
5. Put yourself in someone else’s shoes. Empathy may be the most powerful self-development tool. Try and look at every situation from others’ perspectives; this can result in much better decision-making.
6. Generosity will get you far. The more you give, the more you stand to receive.
Note: “Fresh Ideas” are published each week by Countybank and its family of financial service companies. With financial centers in Greenville and Greenwood, Countybank has a team of highly engaged professionals ready to bring a full scope of financial solutions designed to help families and business owners reach their goals.