The holidays are a prime season for retailers, with loads of shoppers who are eager to spend money on gifts. But it’s not necessarily a retail slam dunk. To take full advantage of the season, merchants need a sales strategy well before Thanksgiving.
Here are six tips to consider in the weeks leading up to Black Friday:
1) Be mobile-friendly. – Mobile matters and retailers who don’t understand this will get left behind. To connect with the maximum number of customers, make sure your website is responsive. Deliver mobile-friendly messages and make it easy for customers to make mobile purchases.
2) Offer an inviting showroom experience. – Create a welcoming, festive showroom that invites people to visit. Most importantly, prepare staff for the holiday rush by scheduling extra help for each shift and training them to provide exceptional customer service.
3) Prevent web glitches. – Your website will see a traffic spike during the holidays, so make sure it’s prepared. If your site takes forever to load, contains broken links or is difficult to navigate, you’ll lose customers. Test and re-test your website in the weeks leading up to the holidays to be sure it’s as fast and glitch-free as possible.
4) Simplify the process. – To make shopping as easy as possible for your customers, consider perks like mobile one-click shopping, gift cards and online wish lists. Also, freebies like complimentary shipping and gift wrap are appealing to tired shoppers who appreciate the opportunity to cross one more thing off their list.
5) Engage on social media. – Don’t underestimate the power of social media. Use social media to announce discounts, reveal holiday products and spread holiday cheer. Social media is also a great way to display suggested gift lists, share compelling stories or connect individually with valued customers to offer unique discounts or perks.
6) Get into the giving spirit. – To spread the holiday spirit, donate a portion of your holiday proceeds to a local charity. Customers will feel good about their money going the extra mile, and you’ll be able to support the community in a meaningful way.
Small Business Services
Countybank wants to help you keep your business holly and jolly this holiday season. To learn more about Countybank’s small business services, call us at 864-335-2440.
Note: “Fresh Ideas” are published each week by Countybank and its family of financial service companies. With financial centers in Greenville and Greenwood, Countybank has a team of highly engaged professionals ready to bring a full scope of financial solutions designed to help families and business owners reach their goals.