Whether you’re a large corporation or a small business, online reviews have the power to make or break you. While you can’t directly control what customers say about you, you can control how you respond.
Effectively managing customer reviews is essential if you want to build a thriving business, but that’s easier said than done.
Not sure where to start? Here are five pointers to help you build a solid response strategy and turn disgruntled clients into faithful fans.
1) Listen vigilantlyPeople are talking about your business whether you’re listening or not, and you can’t afford to miss what they’re saying. Actively monitor social media and any sites that could be mentioning your business.
Research which review sites your customers use most so you can set up alerts to track them. And don’t miss out on the many online tools that track online reviews and send you reports. They’ll save you valuable time and can find information you might have overlooked.
2) Always respondTake the time to personally and quickly respond to each review, unless it’s an obvious troll. A quick, personal response that says, “We care and we’re sorry” means more than being ignored.
3) Say ‘I’m sorry’ publiclyA public comment calls for a public response. This proves that you take complaints seriously and care about improving customer service. After a public apology, it’s usually best to resolve the issue directly in a private forum – either by phone, email or private message.
4) Make changesYou’ll never make every customer happy, but try to find the grain of truth in each bad review and do whatever you can to correct it. An apology is the first step, but fixing the problem is how you genuinely win people over.
5) Thank the customerDon’t end the conversation without sincerely thanking your customer. They’ll feel validated and appreciated – the first step toward a loyal, long-term relationship.
Putting Customers FirstCountybank is committed to providing our clients with a superior level of service. We do this by offering the right tools and personal service you just don’t find at other institutions. Give us a call at 864-335-2440 to learn for yourself how we put customers first.
Note: “Fresh Ideas” are published each week by Countybank and its family of financial service companies. With financial centers in Greenville and Greenwood, Countybank has a team of highly engaged professionals ready to bring a full scope of financial solutions designed to help families and business owners reach their goals.