As a business owner, you have a tremendous opportunity to help others and make a positive impact through charitable contributions. Not only can philanthropy improve your local community, but it can also increase employee engagement and customer loyalty.
Whether you’re starting a corporate giving program for the first time or just stepping up your game, maximize your impact with these five tips:
1) Think local – While there are many admirable charities doing good works around the world, focus on local charities, many of which are overlooked in favor of bigger charities. By supporting a charity that’s close to home, you’ll have the power to make a more concentrated impact.
2) Natural fit – It’s important to find a cause that meshes with your organization’s mission and values. The more closely the charity aligns with your business, the easier it will be to get your employees on board – and the more powerful your partnership will be.
3) Involve employees – There are many different ways to make an impact. Monetary donations, walks or races, service opportunities, etc. It’s important to find the one that best fits your organizational culture. The more enthusiastic your employees are about your campaign, the greater impact it will have.
4) Mobile apps – Mobile apps are a great tool for charitable giving, especially when you’re trying to organize a group. There are many apps designed for charitable giving that will allow you to select your charity, form teams and track donations. It’s a simple, fun way to get everyone on board.
5) Get customers on board – If possible, highlight your charitable commitment on your website, social media and marketing materials. Your customers will feel good about supporting a business that cares about the community – and they’ll want to tell others.
Your local partner
From financial growth to community impact, Countybank cares about the things that matter to South Carolina’s small businesses. We’re here to provide the resources and support you need to achieve your big-picture goals. Call us at 864-335-2440.
Note: “Fresh Ideas” are published each week by Countybank and its family of financial service companies. With financial centers in Greenville and Greenwood, Countybank has a team of highly engaged professionals ready to bring a full scope of financial solutions designed to help families and business owners reach their goals.